The Geneva Auto Show held in march in the swiss city of Geneva, is hosted at the Geneva palexpo and is a public exhibition of current automobile models, debuts, concept cars or out -of- production classics. It is attended by automotive industry representatives, dealers, auto journalists and car enthusiasts plus is organized by the International Organization Of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers hence it’s nickname ‘The Swiss Catwalk’.
First held in 1905, the auto show has hosted almost all major internal combustion engined models in the history of the automobiles, along with benzene and steam – powered cars from the beginning of the century. Exotic supercars often steal the spotlight during their debuts at the show. Prototypes, new equipment, technical breakthroughs, international partnerships, as well as political & social debates, have been announced at the exhibition. The show is regarded as a level playing field for the world’s automakers aided by the fact that Switzerland lacks an auto industry of its own.
Areas Of The Show.
- Motor Cars 3 or 4 or more wheels.
- Electric Cars & Alternative powered cars.
- Special bodywork for motor cars, car design and engineering.
- Converted Cars (tuners).
- Accessories and Parts for Motorcars.
- OEM : Original equipment manufacturers.
- Workshop installations for the repair and maintenance of motor cars.
- Miscellaneous products and services related to the car industry.
- Animation / Attractions.
Car Exhibition In 2017.
A lot of cars were showcased including concepts cars, 141 in number but for precision we’ll deal with 5.
- Range Rover Velar.
- Volkswagen Arteon.
- Porsche Panamera Gran Turismo Sport.
- Maseratti Gran Turismo Sport Special Edition.
- Mercedes Maybach G650 Landaulet.
Till my next post.
Peace and Love People ✌✌