The thought just came around within the week to make this a series Words Associated With Cars, which is basically a medium to get acquainted with as much car terms as possible and in the simplest of words.
I would be putting up this series once in two months.
Here it goes;
- Grille; It covers an opening in the body of a vehicle to allow air to enter. Most vehicles feature a grille at the front of the vehicle to protect the radiator and engine.
- Spy Photographers; If it’s Nigeria, they’d have arrested one already. 😁😁 They use recording devices to photograph or film a new car that are taken out for test driving, and as such the details of the car are hidden.
- Hood or Bonnet; Is the hinged cover over the engine of motor vehicles that allows access to the engine compartment for maintenance & repair.
- Turn Signals; Are the flashing lights that tell you it is going to turn left or right.
- Taillights; A red light at the rear of a motor vehicle.
- Autonomous Vehicles (AVs);Are driverless, self-driving or robotic cars that are capable of sensing its environment and navigating without human input.
- Fascia; Often referred to as the decorative panels of a car’s dashboard or the dashboard assembly.
- Pillarless Doors; Refers to the absence of a central shut pillar between the front and rear doors of a four door sedan.
- Concept Cars (known as show vehicle or prototype); Is a car made to showcase new styling or technology. They are often shown at motor shows to gauge customer reaction to new and radical designs which may not be mass produced.
- Radiator; Are heat exchangers used to transfer thermal energy from one medium to another for cooling & heating.
- Crossover; Is a vehicle built on a unibody car platform combining highly variable degree features of a sport utility vehicle with those of a passenger vehicle.
- Hatchback; Is a car body configuration with a rear door that swings upward to provide access to a cargo area. It may feature fold-down second row seating to prioritize passenger vs cargo volume.
- Supercharger; Is an air compressor that increases the pressure or density of air supplied to an internal combustion engine. This gives each intake cycle of the engine more oxygen, letting it burn more fuel and do more work, thus increasing power.
- Quad Exhausts; Quad => An abbreviation for quadruple or four It means 4 exhaust pipes mounted in twos at different ends.
- Power Train; Describes the main components that generate power and deliver it to the road surface, water or air. This includes the engine, transmission, drive shafts, differentials, drive wheels & continuous track.
- Drive Train; Is the group of components that deliver power to the driving wheels. This includes the engine or motor that generates the power.
- Steering Rack; Are a component in rack & pinion steering controls. They are the metal part on which gears, or pinions slide back & forth, determining how far a corresponding wheel turns.
- Dials; A plate or disk with markings or figures for indicating or registering some measurement or number, as of pressure, number of revolutions usually by means of a pointer.
Big ups for sticking around and do not forget to subscribe below.
Till my next post, Peace and Love.